Adding more power to her marketing resume, Beyonce Knowles had inked a deal with Temptu cosmetics to create a line of temporary tattoos under the Dereon label. Tina Knowles, Beyonce’s mother and creative director and founder of Dereon, remarked to Women’s Wear Daily that she wanted to give the fall 2010 Dereon campaign a “tough edginess”.
Temptu created the tattoos Beyonce is seen wearing in the Dereon fall advertising campaign. The images were in Knowles eyes, worthy of remaking for consumers who might be interested in achieving the unique looks. The designs include spider, jeweled baubles, rocker bolts and Dereon’s signature fleur icon.
The basic tattoo kit will include 8 temporary transfers, with two of each of the 4 designs; 10 tattoo application pads, and one of three kit designs. The deluxe kit adds a signed photo of Beyonce and a chance to win a trip for two to New York for a photo shoot.
The tattoos will go on Sale November 1 in select Sephora boutiques.
The workplace is not the place for being sexy. Yes there are those women who have showed some leg, or thigh, or (you get the picture) a little something else to “sweeten a deal”. But don’t let appearances fool you. Just because you show your ass, it does not make you an asset.
With women leading the workplace, dominating half of the workforce altogether, it’s clear that some of us are getting there on our own merit. We are leaders of powerful companies, entrepreneurs and such, genuinely paving our own way.
But what about the woman who is trying to move up the ladder by giving the powers-that-be a real glimpse of her, and I’m not talking about personality. These are the women we loathe in the workplace, and yes, you “office hoochies” we do talk about you behind your back and we are not the only ones. Men notice it too. But if you’re not sure if you’re sending the wrong message at work, here’s a few ways to tell:
1. You get “the look” from women, and the “double take” from men. Women are looking at you because they’re thinking, “No she didn’t.” And the men are saying, “Thank goodness she did”. But don’t be surprised if you are harassed at some point because the boys think you were “asking for i”.
2. When you stoop or bend, you hear fabric ripping at the seams. Yes hun, your clothes are too tight. Go a size up or try staying away from all that fried chicken. There is nothing cute about a woman busting out of her clothes.
3. Your tops and blouses show to much cleavage. If you look in the mirror and you can see the slit between your breasts or the top of the mounds, you’re probably showing too much. Cover up and invest in a better bra that doesn’t have you spilling out all over the place.
4. The hem of your skirt barely touches your thigh. Uh no ma’am. You are not on a corner, you are in a place of business. Bring it down, way down. Try finding a skirt that’s just above your knee, or a just below it, but don’t dress like a cheerleader.
5. People see-through your garments. Sheer tops, skirts, halter tops, tank tops and the like are not work wear. No one wants to look through your clothes, and you shouldn’t want them do either. Save the sheer for the bedroom and the halters for a summer a Bottom line, it says you aren’t professional. Unless you’re wearing something with something else beneath it and a jacket over it, avoid sheer altogether.
6. The world can see your undergarments, or lack therof. You know those women, the ones who wear the grandma panties with the fitted pants, the thong that climbs up their back and sticks out from the low-rise slacks, the panty lines that show clear through their fitted dresses and skirt, the ones with the “cottage cheese” thighs who jingle like jelly every time they pass. The ones who do not look at their behinds in the mirror. In the age of Spanx and other like undergarments, there is no excuse for inappropriate shapewear. Whether you shop at Target or Neiman Marcus, shapewear is readily available to ensure that you do not make an a** of yourself, pun intended. Nothing is worse than seeing a woman who almost has it together. Do our eyes a favor, invest in the right undergarments ladies.
If you’ve been reprimanded for dressing inappropriately or know you’re dressing inappropriately, work on changing your image. You don’t want to be branded the office floozy, once you get that title, it’ll be hard to shake it. Let your work speak for you, not your clothes. Always dress appropriately in professional environments.
What is appropriate attire? Suits, sheath dresses, collared shirts, skirts that fall at or just below-the-knee, tailored pants. You get the picture. Your physical appearance is the first thing people notice, don’t you want to give the right impression?
June Ambrose’s Headgear Turns Heads
Even fashionistas make fashion flubs every blue moon so we will indeed give stylist and authorJune Ambrose a pass for turban/wrap she wore on her head to the Jose Duran Spring 2011 show.
Here’s what’s happening next week at BillionDollarBabes:
Monday 9/20: Lauren Moffatt, Single
Tuesday 9/21: Blake Standard, Azuri Scarves, Rachel Reinhardt Jewelry
Thursday 9/23: Torn by Ronny Kobo, Arik Kastan Jewelry, Nest Children
To join Billiondollarbabes.com, go to the sidebar and click on our link to become a member.
Fashion Week Simmers On
From Michael Kors to Betsey Johnson, celebs hit the spring 2011 runway shows to get a peek at the upcoming season’s greatest fashions .
Ciara’s Brown Beauty
Ciara arrived at the MTV Video Music Awards in Los Angeles looking pretty fabulous.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Flicks – Day 2!
As Fashion Week continues, celebs continue getting their party and runway show views on.
Kerry Washington Does FNO with Tory Burch
Kerry Washington celebrated Fashion’s Night Out with designer Tory Burch. The actress joined Burch and other Fashion Week guests at Tory’s boutique in the meatpacking district in NYC.
It Was Chocolate City @ Fashion’s Night Out
From Burberry to Armani to Macy’s to Giuseppe Zanotti, the chocolate fashionistas (and chocoalte males) invaded Fashion’sNight Out. Check out a few of the pics from the celebts kicking at Fashion’s Night Out parties in and around NYC.
Ms. Berry Vogue’s at
Fashion’s Night Out Soiree
Halle Berry celebrated Fashion Week guests at private Fashion’s Night Out party hosted by Ralph Lauren and his family at the designer’s mansion. The cover girl for Vogue’s September issue, was on hand to sign autographs and pose for photos.